Editorial Strategy First
Content is King
CMO (Chief Marketing Officier) is your leverage to run your editorial strategy. A few major questions are to come up from day 1.
They are 3 different angles to consider for digital marketers, when it comes to governance:
- Do you need a in-house content team?
- Will you outsource your digital content marketing creation and distribution?
- Will you for a hybrid organization including internal staff and digital marketing experts?
Build your digital strategy following these 4 guidelines:
- Go for quality vs quantity is the number 1 tip,
- Audit your existing content and see how you can use it,
- Identify the topics that will be of interest to your audience,
- Create a content editorial plan including dates, topics, references, channels, format and objectives…
3 different angles and 4 guidelines to follow for your content strategy and editorial plan.Click To Tweet
Recipe for an Outstanding Editorial Strategy
10 To-Do items:
- Identify the most influential online blogs, newspapers or radio/TV shows in your niche,
- Read them daily so that you can make your own press review,
- Pile up and archive the most-read articles on your drive for future reference,
- Subscribe to their newsletters,
- Identify all the social influencers in your industry on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook,
- Set alerts to receive and read your top 10 social influencers’ publications and RTs,
- With all this in mind, make a list of the most interesting topics for your audience,
- Define your content, such as white papers, webinars, blog posts, press releases, events & industry-related news,
- Identify the busiest months of the year in your market segment,
- You are all set to create your very own editorial plan to increase your internet visibility…
Don’t forget to work out the editorial frequency of your publications, along with the social media planning…
Do you want to become a digital influencer in your market segment?