Consequences on the UK Digital Industry
UK Technology Companies and Brexit?
What To Expect… There are major issues with the EU. Can someone explain to us, what the outcome might be? Is the Brexit a risky challenge for the UK Tech?
What does this have to do with technology companies? The technology sector in the United Kingdom supported the Remain campaign from day 1. The Remain vote reached from 60% to 80% within the community.
4 reasons why technology leaders didn’t want Brexit to happen:
- Access to a large single market & a free trade zone,
- Allowing EU entrepreneurs to benefit from London’s Tech Hub ,
- Free movement of EU nationals & easy access to talents,
- Stability and security…
Technology is an industry, that matters in the British economy. With a turnover well over 100 billions UK Pounds a year and 1 million jobs, there is a lot at stake for Britain’s technology industry.
How will the UK exit from the EU affect Tech Nation?
Brexit will soon happen, as Article 50 can now be triggered by Theresa May. The implications of the “Leave vote” for the technology industry will raise many questions in the 2 years to come. How about talented skills? How about EU funding & investors?
While the tech sector might be hit as hard as the City, there are multiple reasons why Brexit will make Britain again. No doubt, it will still be an attractive place to start a tech business and access investors.
7 hints to assess how Britain will be affected by the EU exit:
- Trade agreements will impact businesses on a large scale,
- The end of the EU’s free movement policy will affect the digital workforce,
- Investors and venture capitalists are likely to go to the Continent,
- Data protection and privacy laws might change in the long run – including the “Right to be Forgotten”,
- Britain’s influence in the world’s economy may be less than anticipated,
- The UK Pound may go even lower – resulting in higher prices for consumers,
- The Brexit negotiations might take more than 2 years…
- Is your business ready for big changes? How about your digital strategy and expansion plans?
Tech Cities 2018
Fresh Digital Thinking
Tech Cities Europe in 2018: What to know!
There are many reasons why the city itself has a big impact on the tech sector and for the industries that operate in it, including:
- Cities play a big role in drawing talent to an area
- The affordability and what a city has to offer is crucial for people and companies
- The sense of a hub and community drives the industry on
To Be Tech or Not To Be?
Some of the most important aspects that combine to determine whether a city is right for the tech sector or not, include:
- Business environments such as the cost of doing business and the ability to start a business and the level of investment in an area
- Tech environments such as the level of engagement with the tech sector and what the size and value of the tech sector is
- The buzz of an city which draws people in
- The talent pool of an area and this can be impacted upon by the local educational options
- The cost of renting property and the cost of property for employees…
Some of the leading cities in the world for tech include:
- San Francisco
- New York
All of these cities score highly on many of the key attributes needed for tech companies to flourish, making them perfect locations for tech firms.
European Digital City Index 2018
The European Digital City Index reviews European cities with respect to support digital entrepreneurs, allowing them to see the strengths and weaknesses of certain areas.
This index is also a good tool for policy makers, providing them with insight as to where their city ranks, what is important and what they need to do be more attractive to digital entrepreneurs.
Discover the European Digital City IndexClick To Tweet
Email hello [@] 247digital.expert , call UK +44 208 123 00 78 or USA +1 310 910 9142. Go to our contact us 24/7 page (reply within hours) !
Sending your message may take up to 30 sec. due to security checks on our server. Thanks for your patience!