Consequences on the UK Digital Industry
UK Technology Companies and Brexit?
What To Expect… There are major issues with the EU. Can someone explain to us, what the outcome might be? Is the Brexit a risky challenge for the UK Tech?
What does this have to do with technology companies? The technology sector in the United Kingdom supported the Remain campaign from day 1. The Remain vote reached from 60% to 80% within the community.
4 reasons why technology leaders didn’t want Brexit to happen:
- Access to a large single market & a free trade zone,
- Allowing EU entrepreneurs to benefit from London’s Tech Hub ,
- Free movement of EU nationals & easy access to talents,
- Stability and security…
Technology is an industry, that matters in the British economy. With a turnover well over 100 billions UK Pounds a year and 1 million jobs, there is a lot at stake for Britain’s technology industry.
How will the UK exit from the EU affect Tech Nation?
Brexit will soon happen, as Article 50 can now be triggered by Theresa May. The implications of the “Leave vote” for the technology industry will raise many questions in the 2 years to come. How about talented skills? How about EU funding & investors?
While the tech sector might be hit as hard as the City, there are multiple reasons why Brexit will make Britain again. No doubt, it will still be an attractive place to start a tech business and access investors.
7 hints to assess how Britain will be affected by the EU exit:
- Trade agreements will impact businesses on a large scale,
- The end of the EU’s free movement policy will affect the digital workforce,
- Investors and venture capitalists are likely to go to the Continent,
- Data protection and privacy laws might change in the long run – including the “Right to be Forgotten”,
- Britain’s influence in the world’s economy may be less than anticipated,
- The UK Pound may go even lower – resulting in higher prices for consumers,
- The Brexit negotiations might take more than 2 years…
- Is your business ready for big changes? How about your digital strategy and expansion plans?